Hello everyone and welcome to my stop on the AToMR Tours-sponsored stop for Stephanie Karpinskes’ book The Golden Couple (Book #2: The Samantha Project). Today I have a Ten Facts about The Golden Couple for you, information about the other two books in the series and, a ginormous giveaway. If you would like to check out the rest of the stops on the tour just click here. Thank you all for stopping by my blog and have a lovely Friday 🙂
In this action-packed second installment of The Samantha Project series, Samantha and Erik go on a search to find a way to save themselves from the genetic time bomb ticking away in their cells. Along the way, they discover a shocking secret–one they wish they were never told!
Although Samantha’s boyfriend, Colin, is back now, her feelings for Erik are getting stronger by the minute. It isn’t long before she finally learns the real reason why she can’t resist Erik. But only after she’s gone too far with him! So far that Colin may never forgive her.
GlobalLife Genetics continues to pursue Samantha and they’ll stop at nothing to get her. Sam still doesn’t understand what GlobalLife’s plan is for her but she knows it’s something big. And she knows it isn’t good.
1. The Golden Ratio is an ancient mathematical formula that some say signifies perfection. You can see it in nature, including human DNA. It’s also found in the works of Da Vinci and other famous artists as well as the Egyptian pyramids and the Greek Parthenon.
2. GlobalLife Genetics is a multinational corporation that started the genetic enhancement research which is now known as The Samantha Project. The project is funded by The Founders, an elite secret society made up of world leaders, top military personnel, and other powerful and extremely wealthy individuals.
3. Erik excels at math and is skilled at solving secret codes. His code-solving is what opens an encrypted file that unlocks a secret about what’s in his and Samantha’s cells.
4. Samantha and Erik both have enhanced genes, giving them similar powers. But Samantha has additional powers because GlobalLife had access to her for so many years. For example, she has dreams about future events but Erik does not. She also has scenario streaming, in which her brain tells her how to get out of dangerous situations in times of stress.
5. Since GlobalLife had access to Samantha growing up, they were able to constantly monitor and adjust the software controlling her genes. Every time she went to the doctor, she was being unknowingly treated by a GlobalLife employee. Even her perfect, never-does-anything-wrong personality was software driven. When GlobalLife loses track of her, her true personality can finally come out.
6. Everyone has the base codes A, T, C, and G in their DNA. But Sam and Erik have two more base codes in certain sections of their enhanced genes. The source of these unique base codes is revealed in The Golden Couple.
7. GlobalLife inserted a genetic time bomb to go off in Samantha and Erik when they turn 20. If the timing device goes off, Samantha and Erik will be killed instantly. They need to find a way to turn it off fast because Erik is just a few months away from his 20th birthday.
8. Everyone has a unique brain wave pattern, much like a fingerprint. Because of that, you can use someone’s brain waves as a security device. It’s known as brain wave fingerprint technology and it’s used at GlobalLife Genetics (as well as in real life!).
9. In their search to turn off the deadly timer ticking away in their cells, Samantha and Erik must travel to Dana Point, California, up to Stanford University, then to Samantha’s hometown in Minnesota, and finally to Reykjavik, Iceland.
10. Nanoparticles are so tiny that they can cross cell membranes. The microcomputers running inside Samantha and Erik are the size of nanoparticles. These computers run the software that controls Samantha’s and Erik’s genes.
Seventeen-year-old Samantha Andrews has a seemingly perfect life; great parents, early admission to Stanford, and a boyfriend who just happens to be the hottest guy in school. But a dark secret from her past turns her world upside down. Sam discovers she’s part of a global corporation’s genetic enhancement project. And just as she’s learning what these enhanced genes can do, the corporation decides they want her, and the technology inside her, back!
During a heart-pounding race to flee from her pursuers, she encounters another person who was part of the experimental project. He’s tall, blond, tan and completely irresistible! And he can read her thoughts!! Together, they’re both in danger and a rogue scientist discovers yet another secret lies inside them.
Samantha’s destiny was chosen long ago. At least that’s what she’s told by the people who created her. Her enhanced genes and genetic software were meant to do everything from mold her personality to pick who she falls in love with.
But can destiny be changed? Ever since Samantha learned the truth about herself, she’s struggled to figure out who’s really in charge of her life. Can she make her own choices? Or is her future determined by her genes?
Old enemies reappear and new ones emerge as Samantha and Erik use their powers to fight the people who are after them. But it’s getting harder to figure out who’s good and who’s evil. The enemy they’ve been fighting may not be the one who’s truly after them.
It’s another thrill ride of suspense to keep you guessing until the very end!
A former editor for a publishing company, Stephanie Karpinske has worked on several bestselling nonfiction books. Now she freelances full-time, writing for a variety of books and national magazines. The Samantha Project is her debut YA novel and is the first in The Samantha Project series. Stephanie lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
The author is very, very generously giving away a huge number of books for this
tour. Up for grabs are four (4) ecopies of The Golden Couple (Book #2: The Samantha Project Series) and a whopping twenty-four (24) ecopies of The Samantha Project (Book #1: The Samantah Project Series).
Please note: only mobi and ePub formats are available and the giveaway is open internationally. Just click on the cute little ‘copter below to enter for chance to win. 🙂