Hey everyone and welcome to my stop on the AToMR Tours-sponsored stop for Bethany Lopez’s Nissa: a contemporary fairy tale. There are a ton of amazing blogs participating in this tour; just click here to check out what they have for you. I have for you, Nissa herself who has stopped by to answer a few questions and a giveaway. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day 🙂
At 900 years old, Nissa is finally ready to follow her mother’s path and become the best Fairy Godmother she can. She’s not thrilled when her first assignment turns out to be a teenage human girl with self-esteem issues, but she knows she has to start somewhere. Her assignment has dealt with bullies since her freshman year and they haven’t let up. If Nissa can’t help her regain her self-confidence her future is bleak.
To complicate matters Nissa experiences all the signs that she’s met the being fated for her. This impossibility distracts her from her purpose. After all, fairies and humans aren’t meant for each other. How can her heart believe otherwise? Can Nissa successfully complete her first assignment as a Fairy Godmother? Will the fates allow Nissa and Levi to be together? And even if they do, will Levi believe Nissa once she reveals the truth?
Character interview with Nissa:
1) What were your first thoughts right after you crossed into the human world? I was excited to get down to business. I wanted to find my guardians and learn as much as I could about my mission.
2) Tell us about how you felt when you first met Levi. Oh, Levi… My breath caught. My heart started pounding like a drum in my chest, and as my right hand began to tingle, I felt a wave of something flow through me unexpectedly. I thought he was very handsome.
3) What is the best part about being in the human world? I love all of the sights and sounds. And everything is so large!
4) What is one thing you would do differently if you could? I would have told Levi the truth about myself sooner. I hate that he experienced pain because of me.
5) What is something about you readers might be surprised to know? Before I became a Fairy Godmother, I was very good at playing hydrangea ball. I almost went pro.
Bethany Lopez was born in Detroit, Michigan, and grew up in Michigan and San Antonio, Texas. She went to High School at Dearborn High, in Dearborn, Michigan, which is where she has set her Young Adult series. She is married and has a blended family with five children. She is currently serving in the United States Air
Force as a Recruiter in Los Angeles, California. She has always loved to read and write and has seen her dream realized by independently publishing her novels through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.
Links to buy Nissa: a contemporary fairy tale:
Up for grabs is a lovey fairy necklace, a signed copy of Nissa: a contemporary fairy tale, and some swag. Just click on the image of said lovely necklace below to enter for your chance to win.